Do you still have frozen berries in a freezer? Now would be a good time to start to use the last one of them. Why wouldn’t you bake this healthier berry pie to get rid of your last season’s berries.
The pie is totally gluten free because it is made of buckwheat and chickpea flours instead of wheat flours. I used only 1 dl sugar sugar and substituted half of the butter with oil. It makes the pie a little lighter, so it suits perfectly to breakfast table. 🙂 However, the taste is as good as the traditional berry pies. Just try!
This treat is super-easy to prepare. You can mix ingredients together with a spoon and no special machines are needed. Baking time is only about 20 minutes, so it is possible to bake in the morning before enjoying the breakfast.
Ingredients (for 10 small pieces):
2 dl chickpea flour
1 dl buckwheat flour
1 dl sugar
1,25 tea spoons baking powder
1,25 tea spoons vanilla sugar
50 grams oil
50 grams melted butter
1 dl milk
2,5 dl raspberries (I used frozen)
1. Mix dry ingredients (flours, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar) together in a bowl.
2. Brake two eggs into dry ingredients and add oil and melted butter. Mix well.
3. Start adding milk and whisk until the dough is even.
4. Pour the dough into cake mold which bottom is covered with baking paper (diameter about 24 cm).
5. Sprinkle frozen raspberries on top.
6. Bake in the oven in 200 celsius about 20 minutes or until the pie has nice golden brown colour.
7. Let it cool down a bit and serve with vanilla sauce or ice cream.