This was super-tasty and mouth-watering breakfast bread combo. Perfect for slow Sunday mornings or late lunch when served with simple salad. If you prepare tapenade in previous day, dish comes together in couple of minutes.
Tapenade is good as well as a dip with vegetables or on top of crackers. Why not use it for pasta dishes or salads as well. It goes almost with everything. 🙂
Ingredients (for four slices):
4 slices of good sour dough bread (if you wanna learn to bake it self, try this recipe)
tapenade (recipe below)
about 125 grams mozzarella
10 cherry tomatoes
good olive oil
grounded black pepper
100 grams black olives without stones
1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
small handful of chopped fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, basil)
2-3 table spoons good extra virgin olive oil
about 0, 5 table spoon lemon juice to give some freshness
black pepper and salt to your taste
1. Add all ingredients, except salt and pepper, into small food processor and mix until coarse paste. You might need to use a spoon to press some of the ingredients to bottom when they rise to sides of the bowl when you use your machine.
2. Taste and add salt and pepper to your taste or more lemon juice or olive oil, if more freshness or moisture is needed.
How you prepare the bread:
1. Toast bread slices on dry pan until golden brown and crunchy. Toast from both sides.
2. Butter them with tapenade and pile mozzarella and tomato slices on top.
3. Rip some basil on top as well and sprinkle olive oil on top of the whole delicacy and ground some black pepper for taste.
4. Enjoy with good coffee and company.