How many children you know who like the taste of anchovies? I guess that not that many. I used to hate the taste of it as a child but nowadays I really enjoy it. It gives nice saltiness and piquant taste to different dishes.
I have prepared this interesting pasta dish couple of times. At first time I made it according to this Safkaa-blog recipe and last time I modified the recipe a bit. I added little Dijon-mustard to sauce and used fresh chives. Dish turned out to be pretty good!
Ingredients for two:
8 anchovy fillets
zest of a lemon
juice of half a lemon
handful of chopped chives, part of it on top
0,5 dl extra virgin olive oil
3 boiled egs
1 tablespoon dijon-mustard
40 grams Parmesan cheese, save part of it to top
250 grams pasta, boiled in salted water
salt and grounded black pepper to taste
This is how you do it:
1. Boil the eggs in boiling water until done (about 8 minutes). Let them cool down in cold water and peel when they are easier to handle.
2. Set pasta water to boil, add salt (about 3 teaspoons per 1,5 litres water is enough) and cook the pasta according the package instructions. While the pasta is boiling, prepare the sauce.
3. Chop anchovy fillets into small pieces and toss them into serving bowl (from where you are going to serve the pasta).
3. Wash the lemon carefully and grate the zest of it into the same bowl. Add juice of half a lemon, chopped chives, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese and mustard into the same bowl.
4. Add boiled and peeled eggs and press them with a help of a fork into small pieces. When done, season the sauce with black pepper and mix it well.
5. When pasta is ready drain the water of, but take about 1 dl boiling water to side. Add pasta into serving bowl. Turn the pasta well into sauce that the sauce stick everywhere and taste. Add hot water (if pasta seems dry) and salt (if needed more). Sprinkle parmesan cheese and some fresh chive (or other fresh herbs) on top.